The EURLSSG presents the
First European Course on Diagnosis and Management of RLS
Saturday, December 15th, 2018
8:45 - 18:00
Official language: English
It is with great pleasure that we announce the First European Course on the Diagnosis and Management of Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS). This course is aimed at general practitioners and neurologists with an interest in RLS. As you know, RLS is a common neurological disorder that significantly impacts quality of life, sleep and health.
While in the 1990s the major issue with RLS management was raising awareness of RLS, today there are new issues that complicate RLS diagnosis and management. The wide use of dopaminergic treatment has led to the problem of augmentation, whereby symptoms are worse than before treatment initiation. This has become a huge issue for clinicians. There is also debate about whether dopaminergic agents should still be used for the first-line treatment of RLS.
During this course a world-renowned faculty of RLS experts will examine these issues and discuss concerns encountered by healthcare professionals in everyday clinical practice concerning the diagnosis of RLS, the exclusion of mimics, the prevention of augmentation and the treatment of comorbid RLS.
The RLS course was designed by the EURLSSG Executive Board, and will be moderated by the Board and other internationally renowned RLS specialists. The course is structured in such a way to maximize interaction between the participants and the RLS specialists.
During this meeting the faculty will:
• Assess the difficulties encountered in diagnosing RLS in clinical practice.
• Review the clinical evidence and available experience with dopaminergic agents and alpha-2-delta-ligands and assess whether these agents should be used as first-line treatments.
• Review the clinical implications of the alternatives to first-line agents (e.g. iron therapy and opioids), and how and when should they be used, including in special patient populations and in the context of augmentation
• Provide a better understanding of how to treat comorbid RLS.
The European Restless Legs Syndrome Group (EURLSSG) is a non-profit association of RLS experts who are actively involved in RLS research and dedicated to optimising patient outcomes by continuously improving standards for diagnosis and treatment of RLS.
Healthcare professionals who encounter RLS patients in their clinical practice, including general practitioners, neurologists and psychiatrists.
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
CME accreditating from BLAEK, Bavarian Medical Association, Germany.
Technical University of Munich, Klinikum Rechts der Isar
Ismaninger Street 22, Munich, Germany
- Flyer of the RLS-Course (download, PDF, 1 MB)
- Program of the RLS-Course, 15th December (download)
- Registration form (download)
- Directions (download)
- Airport-Bus Schedule (download)
- How to get to the restaurant (download)
Registration / Costs / Payment:
The fees for the RLS Course are:
- Non-Members 220 €
- Members 200 €
- Students: 180 € (only with confirmation)
Please transfer the money to the following bank account:
Account Owner: European Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group
Bank: Sparkasse Marburg-Biedenkopf
IBAN: DE 71 5335 0000 0011 0066 39
BIC / SWIFT: HELADEF1MAR
Subject: European RLS Course 2018 "and YOUR NAME"
You have the opportunity to attend our dinner on the evening of Friday, 14th December 2018 at the restaurant "Hofbräuhaus". The dinner is combined with the members of the European RLS Study Group and is therefore an opportunity to socialize with international RLS experts.
The costs of attending this dinner is 50,- € (see registration form).
The course is sponsored by: